Marta Calcaterra / biography
Graduated with full marks in Lettere Classiche at the State University of Milan and graduated in Singing at the Istituto Musicale A. Peri of Reggio Emilia under M° M. Trombetta’s guidance.
Since 2004 she has been perfecting her vocal studies with Ms Luciana Serra.
Winner of the International competition “Cascinalirica”( for the role of Hanna Glavari in “The Merry Widow” by Lèhar 2001), F. Alfano International competition of Sanremo ( for the role of Berta in the “Barbiere di Siviglia” by Rossini 2005), “Primo palcoscenico” International competition of Cesena ( for the role of Despina in the “Così fan tutte” by Mozart 2006) and winner of a scholarschip at the International competition “Di Stefano” of Trapani ( 2006).
She has sung:
- at the Civico theatre of Vercelli in the “Elisir d’amore” by Donizetti and “Sonnambula” by Bellini(2004);
-at the Musicarivafestivalin Riva del Garda, conductor I. Kabaratchesky;
-at the Opera theatre of Rome in the “Fantasma nella cabina” by Marco Betta, conductor Aldo Sisillo and in the “Maschera di Punkitititi” by Marco Taralli, conductor V. Parisi, producer Quirino Conti ( 2007);
- in the Aslico circuit in the “Amour des trois oranges” by Prokof’ev, conductor D. Jurowski ( 2005) and in the “Elisir d’amore” by Donizetti, cond. G.Prandi, producer S.Monti ( 2007);
- with the Fondazione Toscanini of Parma in the “Merry Widow” by Lèhar, conductor M. DeBernart and in a Leoncavallo’s concert at the Comunale theatre of Modena for the Bolognainmusicafestival, conductor A. D’Agostini ( 2007);
- at the Bonci theatre of Cesena in “Così fan tutte” by Mozart, cond. G.Bartoli, producer G.Medetti ( 2006);
-at the Casinò theatre of Sanremo in the “Barbiere di Siviglia” by Rossini, conductor G. DiStefano ( 2006);
-at the Chiabrera theatre of Savona in the “Elisir d’amore” by Donizetti, conductor M. Stefanelli, producer D.Livermoore ( 2006) and in the “Ein Sommernachtstraum” by Mendelssohn, conductor M. Zanini ( 2008);
- at the Filarmonico theatre of Verona in a recital with Cantelli orchestra and conductor E. Rojatti.
- in the “Re nudo” by L. Lombardi at the Opera theatre of Rome, conductor Enrique Mazzola, producer Dmitri Bertman ( first performance in the world) (2009)
-“Il barbiere di Siviglia” by Rossini, conductor E. Boncompagni at the Chiabrera Theatre of Savona, Giglio of Lucca, Donizetti of Bergamo and Sociale of Rovigo (2009)
-at the theatre Regio di Torino “ Elisir d’amore” by Donizetti, conductor Daniele Rustioni,(2009 and 2010)
-“Scoiattolo in gamba” by Nino Rota at the theatre “Casinò di Sanremo”
-“La traviata” by Verdi at the theatre Chiabrera di Savona, conductor F. M. Carminati, producer S. Monti.
-at the theatre Regio di Torino “Pinocchio” by Valtinoni (2011),
- at the theatre Petruzzelli of Bari in the “Madama Butterlfy” by Puccini, conductor Boris Brott, producer Daniele Abbado and in “Die Gotterdammerung” by Wagner, conductor S. A. Reck, producer W. Pagliaro (2011)
- at the theatre Petruzzelli of Bari in “Carmen” by Bizet, conductor Lorin Maazel, producer W. Kerley (2012), at the theatre Regio of Torino in “Pinocchio” by Valtinoni, conductor G. Laguzzi, producer L. Valentino (2012), at the theatre Verdi of Trieste in “Rigoletto” by Verdi, conductor Corrado Rovaris, producer M .Mirabella (2012), at the Valle d’Itria Festival in Martina Franca in “Nur” by Marco Taralli, conductor J. Bernacer, producer R. Recchia (2012) and Barocco concerts conductor Nicola Valentini and Operetta Gran Galà at the theatre Coccia of Novara, conductor G. Muglialdo (2012).
She will sing at theatre Maggio Musicale Fiorentino in “Il cappello di paglia di Firenze” by Nino Rota, conductor Andrea Battistoni, producer Andrea Cigni (2013) and at theatre San Carlo di Napoli, in “Il barbiere di Siviglia” by Rossini, conductor Bruno Campanella, producer Filippo Crivelli (2014).